Website Accessibility Statement
We want as many people as possible to be able to use these websites. For example, that means you should be able to:
- Zoom in up to 300% without text spilling off the screen
- Navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- Navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- Listen to most of the website using a screen reader (using the most recent version of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We have also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible is this website?
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- You cannot modify the line height or spacing of text
- Some older PDF documents are not accessible to screen reader software
- You cannot skip to the main content when using a screen reader
What to do if you cannot access parts of the website
Please contact us if you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 01642 701084 or 07788 168211
- Post: 25 North Side, Hutton Rudby, N. Yorkshire, TS15 0DA
We will consider your request and get back to you in 14 days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We are always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’ve not meeting accessibility requirements, please contact the Parish Clerk at email@example.com
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (The Accessibility regulations).
If you are not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS)
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Rudby Parish Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No.2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1. AA standard.
The content listed below is non accessible for the following reasons.
- Some older PDF documents were not created in an accessible format.
- There is one piece of uncaptioned video content on the Neighbourhood Plan website.
To fix these:
- Non-accessible PDF content will be phased out during routine site maintenance by either replacing the non accessible PDF with accessible versions of the content or by retirement.
- The video content will be retired when the Neighbourhood Plan project is completed. It will not be included with the archived documents.
If we create any other video content, we will add captions to comply with WCAG 2.1 criterion 1.2.4 captions – live.
Nothing to report.
How we tested this website
This website was last tested on 22 March 2021 by Rudby Parish Council using the WAVE Web Accessibility Evaluation Tool
You can read more information in our Website accessibility test report.